We are also known as Joshua’s Generation.
The Youth department has been an integral part of the Fellowship from its’ inception. The pioneers and officers have always been passionate about the youth of the church as they fully realize that for the Fellowship to keep going (until the Lord returns) it would need home grown as well as implanted talents. Over the years we have seen many leaders come out of the youth department including our beloved Pastor!
Our main focus is to win other young people to Christ by being examples ourselves. Some of the ministry tools we have used over the years are the Youth Club, Sport Days, Productions, Concerts and Youth led Convocations. As part of the department we also have a talented dance team who lifts our spirits whenever they minister.
We do not see ourselves as a stand-alone department. Joshua Generation members are also active in all other areas of the Fellowship such as Gideon’s Army, Ruth Women of Power & Praise and the catering team etc.
Joshua’s Generation is currently headed up by the Youth Director – Evangelist Dwayne Rowe, Youth Leader – Miss Shanade Brown & Assistant Youth Leader – Miss Louise Douglas.
Some of our responsibilities include:-
- * Encouraging youth to develop their relationship with God.
- * Being an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- * Encourage them to remain ‘young’ through a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- * Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- * Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- * Oversee the organisation of church youth services, conferences, functions etc.
However, our main aim is help our current young people stay committed to Jesus Christ as well as bringing more into the fold by letting them know that you are never too young to serve the Lord.
Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.